You are here
Dr. Andrew Kim was born and raised in the Chicagoland area. He completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, where he studied East Asian studies and Chemistry. Dr. Kim received his medical degree from Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine in South Florida. He completed his residency training in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the Baylor College of Medicine & The University of Texas Alliance. He trained at several world-renowned hospitals in the Texas Medical Center, including The Institute for Rehabilitation and Research (TIRR) Memorial Hermann. This rehabilitation hospital has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a top three rehabilitation center in the country. Dr. Kim then went on to complete an ACGME-accredited fellowship in Pain Medicine at UCLA. He is well-trained in fluoroscopically-guided spinal procedures and ultrasound-guided musculoskeletal procedures.
Dr. Kim’s experience consists of treating a wide scope of conditions that have included spinal cord injury, brain injury, neuromuscular disease, musculoskeletal, and spinal disorders. He also has a special interest in industrial medicine, disability medicine, pain management, and regenerative medicine (PRP and MSCs).
Dr. Kim believes in working with the patient to achieve the best functional outcomes. His philosophy includes delivering honest, compassionate care where communication is the key to success. He thrives on listening to the patient’s concerns and tailoring treatment that is medically appropriate and effective.
His interests include studying foreign languages, Chicago sports, and using his Pit Barrel smoker to make deliciousness.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and East Asian Studies: University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine: Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Internal Medicine Internship: Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Park Ridge, IL
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency: Baylor College of Medicine & The University of Texas Alliance, Houston, TX
- Interventional Pain Medicine Fellowship: University of California, Los Angeles and VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA
- Board Certification: American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- North American Neuromodulation Society
- Spine Intervention Society
- Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican