You are here
Dr. Granata is an orthopaedic surgeon with specialty training in advanced foot and ankle care. He graduated from the University of Nevada, Reno with distinction in engineering and then completed his medical school training in Las Vegas at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas School of Medicine. He went on to complete his orthopaedic residency at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, followed by additional fellowship training at the Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Center in Westerville, Ohio. After nearly 10 years of intensive training in orthopaedics, he is excited to be returning home to Nevada with his wife and four children.
Dr. Granata and his medical team strive to provide a positive and efficient medical experience for every patient. The initial appointment is aimed at establishing the appropriate diagnosis, which may require additional testing or advanced imaging techniques such as ultrasound, MRI, or CT scan. Once the correct diagnosis is established, Dr. Granata works with each patient so they understand their diagnosis and the available treatment options. The goal is to educate patients so they can make informed decisions regarding the best treatment option for them. This shared decision-making process has been shown to result in greater patient (and physician) satisfaction with improved health outcomes.
Treatment options often include a conservative (nonsurgical) approach, or surgery, depending on a patient's diagnosis, goals, and preferences. Conservative treatment plans may involve footwear modifications, orthotics, bracing, and physical therapy. When surgery is elected, Dr. Granata is trained in the latest surgical techniques, including minimally invasive surgery and arthroscopy. He has presented research and is a published author on multiple orthopaedic foot and ankle topics. This includes total ankle replacement, cartilage injuries, fractures, arthritis, tendon and ligament repairs, heel pain, sports injuries, bunions, hammertoes, and diabetic foot care.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering: University of Nevada, Reno, Reno, NV
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Nevada, Las Vegas School of Medicine, Las Vegas, NV
- Master of Business Administration, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Surgery Internship: The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Columbus, NV
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Columbus, OH
- Advanced Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Surgery Fellowship: Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Center, Westerville, OH
- ABOS Board Eligible
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- Columbus Medical Association
- International Foot and Ankle Biomechanics Community
- The American Orthopaedic Association’s Emerging Leaders Program
- The Ohio State Medical Association