You are here
Orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeon Abdi Raissi, M.D., of Desert Orthopaedic Center is helping patients in Las Vegas and Henderson take charge of their foot and ankle health. In conjunction with a new consumer awareness campaign from the American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society (AOFAS), the leading organization for lower extremity medicine and foot and ankle surgery, Dr. Raissi is helping the public recognize the value of seeking a foot and ankle orthopaedic surgeon for their foot and ankle healthcare needs. Area patients seeking specialized foot and ankle care are encouraged to schedule an appointment at Desert Orthopaedic Center in Las Vegas and Henderson by calling (702) 731-1616 or visiting www.doclv.com.
“Consumers don’t generally give much thought to their foot health—that is, until something goes wrong,” states Dr. Raissi. “Seventy-five percent of all people experience foot pain at some point in their lives, and that’s why the AOFAS felt it was imperative to educate consumers, so they know how to find the best medical care before a problem arises.”
The campaign—called Look for the “O”—stresses the importance of choosing a specialized foot and ankle orthopaedic surgeon when a person has foot pain or concerns. These surgeons have the expertise to help consumers keep their feet healthy and pain-free. The campaign promotes five distinctive value messages:
- That foot and ankle orthopaedic surgeons are fully trained medical doctors (M.D.s and D.O.s) who can balance foot and ankle concerns with the patient’s whole body health.
- That foot and ankle orthopaedic surgeons complete extensive and ongoing medical training, which increases their expertise and effectiveness.
- That foot and ankle orthopaedic surgeons do not just operate but provide both surgical and nonsurgical treatments for everything related to foot and ankle health.
- That foot and ankle orthopaedic surgeons are particularly competent at treating complicated cases.
- That consumers should seek a second opinion from a foot and ankle orthopaedic surgeon, particularly when foot or ankle surgery is advised.
“I want people in Las Vegas to know they can reach out and connect with a foot and ankle orthopaedic surgeon when they have any kind of foot or ankle problem,” says Dr. Raissi. “I think this campaign will go a long way toward increasing public awareness about the value foot and ankle surgeons and AOFAS members provide to patients every day.”