- It is very important you are rested, so allow for enough sleep.
- Write down the name and contact number of the person escorting you home from the surgery center. You will be asked for this information when you arrive.
- Write a list of all your medications, dosages, how often taken, and when last taken. This list will include prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, herbal preparations, and vitamins. You will be asked to provide this detailed information when you arrive.
- Gather your insurance cards, any insurance forms, your share of your payment, and at least one form of photo identification.
- Have special items requested by your doctor ready to take (brace, crutches, etc.).
- If you have an Advance Directive, please have it ready to bring to the surgery center.
- Do not eat or drink after midnight, or as instructed by your doctor. This includes food, all liquids, hard candy, gum, and mints. Please follow your instructions about eating and drinking. Otherwise, your surgery may be canceled.
- If you are a pain management patient, please follow your doctor’s instructions regarding your nutritional restrictions.
- You should not smoke the day of surgery. Ideally, you should refrain from smoking as long as you can prior to the date of your procedure.