You are here
Dr. Russell Nevins is a fellowship-trained, board-certified orthopaedic surgeon. He is an active member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) and the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons. Dr. Nevins specializes in hip and knee replacements and revisions, including muscle sparing and rapid recovery total hip arthroplasty, such as the anterior approach and percutaneously assisted total hip arthroplasty (PATH). He is dedicated to working with each of his patients individually to create a treatment plan tailored to their needs and lifestyle.
Dr. Nevins graduated from Washington University in St. Louis with his Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology. He went on to receive his Doctor of Medicine degree from The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences in Washington, D.C. After medical school, Dr. Nevins underwent an orthopaedic surgery internship and residency in Bronx, New York, at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center. He elected to complete advanced specialty training with an arthritis and reconstructive joint surgery fellowship at the Institute for Bone and Joint Disorders in Phoenix, Arizona.
Dr. Nevins has lectured all around the country and world on total hip arthroplasty as well as knee replacements and revisions. He also has a special interest in the design and development of new knees and holds multiple patents that have helped improve this medical field.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Nevins enjoys spending time with his family and traveling.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology: Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
- Doctor of Medicine: The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences, Washington, D.C.
- Orthopaedic Surgery Internship: Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- Arthritis and Reconstructive Joint Surgery Fellowship: Institute for Bone and Joint Disorders, Phoenix, AZ
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Fellow
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, Fellow
- American Medical Association
- Clark County Medical Society
- International Congress for Joint Reconstruction
- International Society for Technology in Arthroplasty
- Nevada Orthopaedic Society
- Nevada State Medical Association
- Centennial Hills Hospital Medical Center
- Mountain View Hospital
- Mountain’s Edge Hospital
- Southwest Surgery Center
- Specialty Surgery Center
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center
- Summerlin Hospital Medical Center
- Valley Hospital Medical Center
TELEHEALTH COVID-19 MESSAGE TO PATIENTSx