S. Andrew Park, M.D.
Dr. Sungkook Andrew Park is a double board-certified anesthesiologist and pain management specialist.
He went to University of California, Berkeley, to complete his undergraduate degree in bioengineering. He was given the Regents’ Scholarship Award as top incoming freshman and graduated with high honors for his academic accomplishment.
Dr. Park then went on to Washington University in St. Louis for medical school, one of the top medical schools in the nation. He then went to University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), for residency training in anesthesiology, critical care, and pain medicine. During his residency, he developed special interest in helping patients with chronic pain and decided to stay at UCLA for further fellowship training in pain management.
Dr. Park’s interest is in helping people with pain through a holistic and multimodal approach. He not only looks at the patient’s illness but evaluates the patient’s overall medical condition and tailors appropriate treatment accordingly. He has helped numerous people cut down or be completely free from opioids using alternative approaches to pain management.
Dr. Park also takes pride in offering the most advanced and minimally invasive interventional treatments for those who suffer from pain. He has helped many people who have pain despite numerous prior treatments or who are not surgical candidates. He is well versed in treatments using fluoroscopic- and ultrasound-guided injections as well as more advanced therapies, such as spinal cord stimulation, intrathecal pump implant, dorsal root ganglion stimulation, peripheral nerve stimulation, interspinous spacer, and many more.
- Bachelor of Science in Bioengineering: University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, CA
- Doctor of Medicine: Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
- Anesthesiology, Critical Care, and Pain Medicine Residency: University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
- Pain Management Fellowship: University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
- Board Certification: The American Board of Anesthesiology - Pain Medicine
- Board Certification: The American Board of Anesthesiology - Anesthesiology
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- North American Neuromodulation Society
- American Medical Association
Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Back Pain, Cancer Pain, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, Compression Fracture, Degenerative Disc Disease, Degenerative Scoliosis, Diabetic Neuropathy, Disc Bulge and Herniation, Facet Arthritis, Failed Back Surgery (Post-Laminectomy Syndrome), Fibromyalgia, Foot and Ankle Pain, Headaches, Herniated Disc, Ischemic Limb Pain, Intractable Angina, Joint Pain (Including Shoulder, Hip, and Knee Joint Pain), Myofascial Pain, Neck Pain, Neuropathy Pain, Occipital Neuralgia, Pain From Accident or Injury, Pelvic Pain, Peripheral Neuropathy, Phantom Limb Pain, Postherpetic Neuralgia (Shingles), Radiculopathy, Sciatica, Work Injury