Walter J. Song, M.D.
Dr. Walter Song joined Desert Orthopaedic Center in 2019. He specializes in the surgical and nonsurgical treatment of traumatic and degenerative disorders of the shoulder, elbow, wrist, and hand. His practice includes sports-related injuries, work-related injuries, repetitive-use injuries, fractures, dislocations, nerve and tendon disorders, and arthritis. He has trained in the latest techniques for arthroscopic surgery, including shoulder rotator cuff repair.
Dr. Song graduated from the University of Virginia in 1998 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in biology and earned his Doctor of Medicine degree from New York Medical College in 2002. Following medical school, he completed his internship and residency in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine, where he trained in general orthopaedic surgery and trauma surgery. During his training, Dr. Song worked with the University of Connecticut football team as well as their men’s and women’s basketball teams. After completing his residency, Dr. Song pursued a fellowship in hand and upper extremity surgery at the Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. His fellowship concentrated on the diagnosis and treatment of injuries and disorders of the shoulder, elbow, wrist, and hand. Dr. Song also worked with professional athletes during his fellowship year and was a team hand surgeon for Major League Baseball’s Pittsburgh Pirates.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Song enjoys photography, traveling, cars and motorcycles, spending time outdoors hiking and fishing, and sports, including baseball, basketball, football, hockey, and golf.
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology: University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- Doctor of Medicine: New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT
- Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery Fellowship: Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Certificate of Added Qualification of Hand Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Clark County Medical Society
- Nevada Orthopaedic Society
- Nevada State Medical Association
- Desert Springs Hospital Medical Center
- Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican, San Martin Campus
- Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican, Siena Campus
- Henderson Hospital Medical Center
- Parkway Surgery Center
- Sahara Surgery Center
- Seven Hills Surgery Center
- Siena Surgery Center
- Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center
- Southwest Medical Associates Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center
- Summerlin Hospital Medical Center
- Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center