Richard S. Woodworth, M.D.
2800 East Desert Inn Road
Las Vegas, NV 89121
8689 West Charleston Boulevard
Las Vegas, NV 89117
2930 West Horizon Ridge Parkway
Henderson, NV 89052
Richard S. Woodworth, M.D.
Dr. Richard Woodworth is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in providing sports medicine care for the hip, knee, and shoulder. His areas of expertise include arthroscopic surgery, rotator cuff repair, shoulder stabilization, ACL reconstruction, meniscus surgery, ligament reconstruction, fracture care, and joint replacement of the hip, knee, and shoulder. Dr. Woodworth has been providing orthopaedic surgical care in the Las Vegas area since 2009. He joined Desert Orthopaedic Center in 2020, and he is committed to providing patients with the superior care they need to get back to enjoying the activities they love.
After receiving his Bachelor of Science degree in biology from Utah State University in Logan, Dr. Woodworth attended medical school at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, New York, where he graduated with his Doctor of Medicine degree. He went on to complete an internship and his orthopaedic surgery residency training at the University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry, also in New York. Dr. Woodworth stayed at the University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry following his residency to undergo additional training through a sports medicine fellowship. Dr. Woodworth is a team physician for the Henderson Silver Knights and Las Vegas ACES.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Woodworth enjoys keeping active by downhill skiing, mountain biking, wakeboarding, and waterskiing as well as playing golf, lacrosse, and soccer. He also likes to play the saxophone.
Available to see patients in Las Vegas at our Central, West Central, and Henderson offices, Dr. Woodworth is dedicated to providing high-quality patient care.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: Utah State University, Logan, UT
- Doctor of Medicine: SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY
- Internship: University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry, Rochester, NY
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry, Rochester, NY
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry, Rochester, NY
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Orthopaedic Co-Management Committee, Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican, Siena Campus
- Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican, Siena Campus
- Henderson Hospital
- Parkway Surgery Center
- Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center
- Sunset Ridge Surgery Center