Dr. Craig Tingey was voted in the Best of Las Vegas as Best Medical Doctor with thousands of Las Vegas Review-journal readers voting in 226 categories.
You are here
Dr. Craig Tingey earned his Bachelor of Science from Brigham Young University, followed by his Doctor of Medicine from Wake Forest University in North Carolina. After completing medical school, he scored in the 96th percentile (top 4% nationally) on the United States Medical Licensing Exam. He completed his surgical internship and orthopaedic surgical residency at Loma Linda University School of Medicine in Southern California where, as chief resident, he was awarded the Leonard Marmor Award for "Excellence in Orthopaedic Surgery," as well as multiple awards for his medical research.
Dr. Tingey specializes in sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery, as well as total joint replacement surgery of the knee, hip, and shoulder. He is skilled in the latest surgical techniques including arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs and minimally invasive hip and knee replacement surgery. He was also part of the orthopaedic trauma group that provides care for patients with orthopaedic injuries at the University Medical Center, a Level 1 Trauma center. Dr. Tingey served as the chief of orthopaedic surgery at Mountain View Hospital.
A native of Las Vegas, Dr. Tingey returned to Southern Nevada in 2004 after completing his training to build an exceptional orthopaedic surgery practice. His focus is to provide excellent medical care with a friendly and compassionate approach. He loves his work but also enjoys mountain biking, snow skiing, basketball, and spending time with his kids. He speaks Spanish and Portuguese and travels regularly to Haiti and the Dominican Republic to perform surgeries as part of a medical mission effort.
Dr. Tingey is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science: Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
- Doctor of Medicine: Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC
- General Surgery Internship: Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, CA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, CA
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Centennial Hills Hospital Medical Center
- Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican, San Martin Campus
- Institute of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Mountain View Hospital
- Specialty Surgery Center
Our offices will be closed on Monday, May 27th, for Memorial Day.x