You are here
Dr. Raissi is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon whose practice is limited exclusively to foot and ankle surgery. Dr. Raissi is a native of Edina, Minnesota (Go Vikes!), he graduated from Northwestern University in Chicago (Go Cats!) with a computer science degree and went on to receive his Doctor of Medicine from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, which is consistently ranked in the top five medical schools in the United States (Ranked #4 in U.S. News & World Report 2010). He completed his orthopaedic surgical residency at The Ohio State University (Go Bucks!). Dr. Raissi then went on to receive his advanced fellowship in orthopaedic foot and ankle surgery in Columbus, Ohio, at the prestigious Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Center.
In the fall of 2002, Dr. Raissi attended a traveling fellowship in foot and ankle surgery in Switzerland. He had a unique opportunity to work alongside several world-renowned European surgeons, helping bring new and innovative surgical approaches to the Las Vegas community. Dr. Raissi has presented original research on arthroscopic treatment of athletic ankle injuries at national and international conferences.
He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society, Nevada Orthopaedic Society, Clark County Medical Society, and Nevada State Medical Association. Dr. Raissi also has over 8 years of experience as the preferred foot and ankle consultant to many Las Vegas shows, including Cirque de Soleil, Le Reve, Celine Dion, and others.
Dr. Raissi feels that it is very important for the patient to be informed of the background and training of their foot and ankle surgeon. Dr. Raissi has earned a doctorate of medicine (MD) as well as board certification in orthopaedic surgery. Dr. Raissi is qualified to perform all varieties of orthopaedic (bone and joint) surgery but has chosen to further subspecialize and limit his practice exclusively to the treatment of foot and ankle disorders.
Even though Dr. Raissi is a surgeon, he believes strongly, that whenever possible, nonsurgical treatment should be discussed with patients as an option. Dr. Raissi treats all conditions of the foot and ankle including bunions, hammertoes, arthritis (fusion and joint replacement), trauma (fractures, tendon, and ligament injuries), sports injuries, complications of diabetes (limb salvage and amputations), and workers' compensation injuries.
Dr. Raissi is dedicated to staying up to date on the most advanced and highly effective, noninvasive treatment options, which is why he is proud to utilize Extracorporeal Pulse Activation Technology (EPAT) for patients who suffer from acute and chronic musculoskeletal pain. To learn more, click here.
eMedicine Chapter: Pes Planus
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Computer Studies: Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- Doctor of Medicine: Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
- General Surgery Internship: The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Foot and Ankle Fellowship: Swiss Traveling Fellowship, Basel, Zurich, Geneva
- Foot and Ankle Surgery Fellowship: Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Center, Columbus, OH
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- Clark County Medical Society
- Nevada Orthopaedic Society
- Nevada State Medical Association
- Cirque du Soleil
- Le Reve
- Desert Springs Hospital Medical Center
- Institute for Orthopaedic Surgery
- Summerlin Hospital Medical Center
- Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center