You are here
Richard P. Winder, M.D., is a native of Logan, Utah. He graduated as valedictorian from Logan High School and cum laude from Brigham Young University. He went on to receive his medical degree at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas. Dr. Winder completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
Following his residency, Dr. Winder was invited to participate in a sports medicine fellowship at the prestigious American Sports Medicine Institute in Birmingham, Alabama, under the direction of Dr. James R. Andrews. There he provided care to many professional, collegiate, high school, and recreational athletes and their families. Dr. Winder was specifically assigned as a team physician for the Tuskegee University and Auburn University football programs, Birmingham Barons baseball, WWE Professional Wrestling Association, and the Alabama Ballet.
Dr. Winder specializes in sports medicine and arthroscopy with a focused interest in the minimally invasive treatment of hips, shoulders, knees, and elbows.
Dr. Winder is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. He is also board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
In his free time, Dr. Winder enjoys traveling, participating in and attending sporting events, and coaching his children's sports and supporting their activities. Dr. Winder and his wife are the parents of six children. As a family, they are enjoying the Las Vegas community.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science: Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Fellowship: American Sports Medicine Institute, Birmingham, AL
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
Our offices will be closed on Monday, May 27th, for Memorial Day.x