You are here
Matthew N. Fouse, M.D., attained a Bachelor of Science in Biology and a Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. He then moved on to Tulane University School of Medicine and graduated in 2001. While in medical school, he received a Masters of Public Health at Tulane School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine. He completed his orthopaedic residency at McGill University in Montreal, Canada. Dr. Fouse received advanced training in sports medicine and arthroscopic treatment of shoulder and knee problems at The Sports Clinic in Laguna Hills, California, under the tutelage of Dr. Wesley Nottage. Dr. Fouse is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Dr. Fouse is board-certified and is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. His professional memberships include the Clark County Medical Society, the Nevada State Medical Association, and the Nevada Orthopaedic Society. He has written several book chapters on the arthroscopic treatment of rotator cuff tears.
Dr. Fouse treats patients of all age, pediatric to advanced age groups. He has served as a treating physician to several high school and college sports teams and plans to continue to treat both competitive and recreational athletes. Dr. Fouse has special interest in all arthroscopic treatment of the shoulder, including shoulder instability and rotator cuff tear repair as well as arthroscopic anterior cruciate reconstruction.
Dr. Fouse understands the challenges that patients have in modern medicine. He goes out of his way to communicate each patient's individual problems. He will utilize photos and models to explain procedures until the patient feels as though they have made an educated decision in their treatment plans.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry: Southern Methodist University, Dallas TX
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine: Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- Doctor of Medicine: Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: McGill University, Montreal, Québec
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: The Sports Clinic Orthopaedic Medical Associates, Inc., Laguna Hills, CA
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Royal College of Physician and Surgeons of Canada, Fellow
- ECHL Las Vegas Wranglers
- Las Vegas Locomotives
- Las Vegas Outlaws
- Institute of Orthopaedic Surgery