John M. Baldauf, M.D.
2800 East Desert Inn Road
Las Vegas, NV 89121
8402 West Centennial Parkway
Las Vegas, NV 89149
8205 West Warm Springs Road
Las Vegas, NV 89113
2930 West Horizon Ridge Parkway
Henderson, NV 89052
John M. Baldauf, M.D.
Dr. Baldauf graduated from The University of Arizona in 1984. He received his medical degree in 1988 from Jefferson Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia followed by orthopaedic training at Tulane University School of Medicine and Charity Hospital in New Orleans. Dr. Baldauf then served as chief of orthopaedic surgery for nine years with the U.S. Air Force from 1995 until 2004, including a six-month deployment to the Middle East during the Second Gulf War. Originally from Arizona, he has lived in the Las Vegas Valley since 1998. He practices general orthopaedics with special emphasis on sports medicine injuries and joint replacement of the shoulders, hips, and knees. He is the Chief of Orthopaedics at Southern Hills Hospital, is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, and is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery, as well as a board member of the Nevada Arthritis Foundation.
Dr. Baldauf handles a wide range of orthopaedic problems from simple sprains and strains to complex fractures and severely arthritic joints. He has maintained a broad spectrum of care with extensive management of nearly all aspects of orthopaedic concerns. His extensive experience allows him to address both adult and pediatric patients with various concerns, including sports injuries, fractures, and joint pain including arthritis. He manages upper and lower concerns, including shoulder to hand and hip to foot. Dr. Baldauf takes great care and pride in finding the best treatment for his patients whether surgical or nonsurgical. The most important factors to him are communication, compassionate care, and the patient-physician team approach to solving orthopaedic problems.
Available to see patients in Las Vegas and Henderson at our Central, Northwest, Southwest, and Henderson offices, Dr. Baldauf is dedicated to providing high-quality patient care.
- Bachelor of Arts: The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- Doctor of Medicine: Jefferson Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
- General Surgery Internship: Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- General Surgery Residency: Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- Orthopaedics Residency: Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- Research Biomaterials Fellowship: Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Clark County Medical Society
- Nevada Orthopaedic Society
- U.S. Air Force, served as a Lt. Colonel
- Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery, Barksdale AFB, LA
- Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery, Nellis AFB, NV
- Desert Springs Hospital Medical Center
- Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican
- Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican, San Martin Campus
- Henderson Hospital
- Institute of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center
Five Desert Orthopaedic Center Experts Named Top Doctors of 2019
In an article by Nevada Public Radio, five Desert Orthopaedic Center experts were named as Top Doctors for 2019. This list by Castle Connolly includes 269 Southern Nevada physicians who were selected by their peers
Congratulations to the following Desert Orthopaedic Center doctors: