You are here
Dr. Watson is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon specializing in the treatment of foot and ankle disorders and arthroscopy. After graduating from the University of Southern California, he received his medical degree at Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington, D.C., graduating in 1994 with honors. A one-year surgical internship was then completed at the University of California, Los Angeles, before beginning his orthopaedic training at Tulane University School of Medicine and Charity Hospital in New Orleans.
To pursue his interest in foot and ankle disorders, Dr. Watson was accepted to subspecialty training at one of the country's premier fellowships. He spent one year at the Miller Orthopedic Clinic in Charlotte, North Carolina, studying foot and ankle disorders and treatments. During his fellowship, Dr. Watson served as the consultant to the North Carolina Dance Theater as well as participated in the care of professional athletes, including the Carolina Panthers (NFL) and Charlotte Hornets (NBA).
In 2000, Dr. Watson was recruited by Desert Orthopaedic Center to satisfy the increasing demand for a foot and ankle specialist in the Las Vegas Valley. Since starting his practice, Dr. Watson developed The Foot & Ankle Institute at Desert Orthopaedic Center and an educational website for patients, feetmd.com. The Institute strives to educate patients, participate in clinical research, and excel in patient care.
Dr. Watson is also involved with teaching other orthopaedic surgeons techniques in foot and ankle surgery. He has been invited with other university and private practice foot and ankle surgeons to serve as faculty for various courses at the national level. Dr. Watson has been active with clinical research since beginning The Foot & Ankle Institute and has published several foot- and ankle-related articles. In addition, Dr. Watson serves as editor for Foot and Ankle International and Techniques in Foot & Ankle Surgery, both internationally circulated journals.
Dr. Watson treats all conditions of the foot and ankle and has a special interest in sports-related injuries. Major areas of treatment include forefoot deformities (hammertoes, bunions), diabetes (ulcers, neuropathy), arthritis (osteoarthritis, rheumatoid), deformities, trauma, heel pain, and amputees. The scope of treatment continues to advance with the demands of our expanding growth in the Southern Nevada region.
Dr. Watson and his wife Judith are raising twin sons and a younger daughter. His family is active in various sporting activities, church, and other community activities. You can learn more about Dr. Watson and The Foot & Ankle Institute by visiting www.feetmd.com.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences: University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Master of Science in Anatomy and Cell Biology: University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Doctor of Medicine: Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C.
- General Surgery Internship: University of California at Los Angeles Health, Los Angeles, CA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- Foot and Ankle Fellowship: Miller Orthopedic Clinic, Charlotte, NC
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican, Rose de Lima Campus
- Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican, San Martin Campus
- Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican, Siena Campus
- Henderson Hospital
- Desert Orthopaedic Center Surgery Center
- Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center
Dr. Watson was asked to be a guest speaker and show new surgical approaches to a group of Southeastern Asian and Australians surgeons in Singapore. Talks/techniques included ankle stabilization for patients having problems after an ankle sprain. Dr. Watson gave lectures on flatfoot...Read More