You are here
Dr. Kyle Hancock is a fellowship-trained sports medicine surgeon who specializes in minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery of the hip, knee, shoulder, and elbow. Having provided sports medicine care for professional athletes of the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, WNBA, and UFC, Dr. Hancock understands the unique needs of athletes. He uses his experience to provide the highest level of care to his athletes of all levels and his nonathlete patients as well. Dr. Hancock believes there is no greater reward than seeing his patients recover and return to enjoying the activities they love. His patient care philosophy is a team-based approach, where the doctor and patient work together to obtain excellent results and achieve the patient’s specific goals.
Dr. Hancock is a native of Wyoming. He graduated as valedictorian from Evanston High School and summa cum laude from the University of Southern California in Los Angeles before attending medical school. At the University of Washington School of Medicine in Seattle, he earned his Doctor of Medicine degree and graduated at the top of his class with honors. He then completed residency training at the prestigious orthopaedic surgery program at the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics. After completing residency, Dr. Hancock was selected to undergo additional subspecialty training in sports medicine and arthroscopy at the number one–ranked orthopaedic hospital in the U.S., the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City. During his time in New York, Dr. Hancock trained directly under many of the world’s leading experts in sports medicine and minimally invasive surgery of the hip, knee, shoulder, and elbow. He also cared for professional athletes from all over the world and served as the full-time fellow team doctor for the New York Giants, New York Liberty, and New York Guardians.
Throughout clinical training, Dr. Hancock was actively engaged in research and innovation. He has presented his findings at regional and national meetings, has been awarded multiple grants, and published numerous studies in the leading scientific journals of orthopaedic surgery and sports medicine. His research has included a wide array of topics, including ACL reconstruction, meniscus surgery, rotator cuff surgery, shoulder instability and labral tears, cartilage surgery, hip arthroscopy, hip labral tears, hip impingement, AC joint reconstruction, fractures, and the measurement of patient-reported outcomes.
Dr. Hancock serves as a team doctor for the Vegas Golden Knights and Henderson Silver Knights. He is a candidate member for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine. He is also an active outdoorsman and lifelong athlete. When he is not seeing patients, he enjoys basketball, football, traveling, and spending time outdoors hiking, mountaineering, skiing, snowboarding, and wakeboarding.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology: University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, Iowa City, IA
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- Board-Eligible: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Mid-America Orthopaedic Association
- Vegas Golden Knights
- Henderson Silver Knights
- Centennial Hills Hospital
- Desert Springs Hospital Medical Center
- Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican - San Martin Campus
- Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican - Siena Campus
- Henderson Hospital
- Institute of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Mountain View Hospital
- Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center
- Summerlin Hospital Medical Center
- Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center
Our office hours have changed in observance of Thanksgiving. Have a safe and wonderful holiday!x