You are here
Dr. Stewart is a fourth generation southern Nevadan; Las Vegas is his hometown. He received his medical degree with honors from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri, in 1981. Surgical internship and orthopaedic residency were completed at the University of California, San Diego Medical Center. His orthopaedic residency included an emphasis in pediatric orthopaedics at the San Diego Children's Hospital, sports medicine, arthroscopy, experience with the San Diego Chargers, and arthritic joint replacement with additional training at Scripps Clinic, La Jolla, California.
Dr. Stewart completed a year of successful research in joint cartilage biological replacement and continuous passive motion effects of joints, including publication. Dr. Stewart then completed fellowship training in hand surgery at the Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota. His practice is orthopaedic surgery, hand surgery, and arthroscopic surgery.
Dr. Stewart is board-certified and a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the Clark County Medical Society, and the Nevada State Medical Association.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology: Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
- Doctor of Medicine: Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
- Surgical Internship: UC San Diego Medical Center/Veterans Administration Hospital, San Diego, CA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: UC San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, CA
- Hand Surgery Fellowship: Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Clark County Medical Society
- Nevada State Medical Association
- Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican, Siena Campus
- Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center
- Summerlin Hospital Medical Center
Our offices will be closed on Monday, May 27th, for Memorial Day.x